Littleton United Methodist Church (LUMC) requires a Kitchen Manager that will also be a contract employee for Break Bread and will perform the duties of a chef and kitchen manager for LUMC and Break Bread as defined below.
Areas of Responsibility
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain a safe, clean and secure working environment for all staff, kitchen users, volunteers and meal participants.
- Meet or exceed the standards of the Tri-County Health Department with regards to cleanliness, sanitation, food safety, food handling, food preparation, food holding procedures and ensure that the physical facilities and equipment are in repair and maintained.
- Train all volunteers on proper food handling, food preparation and kitchen safety.
- Accept, inventory and properly store all food donations that are received.
- Coordinate and schedule kitchen use for Littleton United Methodist Church including Break Bread duties
- Purchase weekly food and supplies.
- Manage food cost projections and work within the parameters of the yearly assigned budget.
IN ADDITION TO ABOVE, THESE COMPETENCIES ARE EXPECTED FOR THE BREAK BREAD POSITION
- Responsible for Break Bread’s weekly wholesome community meal: planning, purchasing, preparing and coordinating the service operations with the volunteers.
- Mandatory training on the core values of Littleton United Methodist Church as well as attending additional required training to support Break Bread.
- Must be able to interact with the public and positively/effectively represent the organization and its mission within the community.
- Knowledge of basic office equipment and computer applications needed including Word and Excel.
- Perform other related and special duties as needed and as assigned.
- Work closely with the Break Bread Program Director and LUMC office manager to meet ongoing volunteer needs.
- Ability to work weekends and after 5 p.m.
- Spanish Language proficiency is preferred.
- Represent Break Bread at community activities and meetings, as assigned by the Board of Directors
- Visit service clubs, churches, and community groups to develop relationships for funding and service
- Work with LUMC’s Communications Specialist on publicity and promotional projects
- Work to develop relationships with target population
- High school graduate or equivalent with minimum four years of high volume cooking/kitchen experience.
- Good communication and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated and an independent worker to manage the flexible time requirements for planning, prep work and operations.
- Excellent leadership skills to aid and direct volunteers effectively with care and respect.
SALARY AND HOURS:
- LUMC employee with benefits through LUMC according to personnel policy
- Contract position with Break Bread through LUMC as a condition of employment
- 30 hours per week
- Time split between LUMC and Break Bread:
- 10 hours per week for LUMC
- 20 hours per week for Break Bread
STATUS TYPE: Full Time, Salaried, Exempt.
REPORTS TO: Break Bread Board of Directors or their designee