What comes to mind when you hear the word “missionaries”? Do you imagine people working in foreign places that you have only seen in pictures? These people seem to possess a faith in Christ that is beyond comprehension.
Mission is not limited to distant continents or even Civic Center Park in downtown Denver. It is right here in Littleton, staring us in the face. God has placed Littleton United Methodist here for a reason and that reason is to bless the ever-changing community around us.
THE MISSIONARY IS YOU
The mission field begins when you set a foot outside your front door. The missionary is you.
Our vision is that our church can be an active representative of Christ, caring for families within a two-mile radius of 5894 South Datura Street. We are moving toward our vision to be better neighbors to those in our community.
We are “Loving Littleton!” Here are some opportunities for you to love our neighbors.
After school: Tutor students or Provide after-school snacks
- The East Elementary School hosts a homework club every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 3:15 to 4:05 p.m. Volunteers are required to pass a background check and to make a commitment of a minimum of 6 weeks. No major skills, mathematical knowledge or studies are necessary.
- North Littleton Promise hosts tutoring on Monday through Thursday.
- Elementary Students Tuesdays and Thursdays 3:30 – 5:30 p.m.
- Middle School students Mondays and Wednesdays, 3:30 – 5:00 p.m.
- Snacks are needed for these tutoring sessions.
- Help in the Food Pantry at Field Elementary = Wednesdays 2-4
Evenings: help at the Village Preschool
- Family Education Nights at The Village Preschool: help with meal set-up and service, and child care.
- Get to know our neighbors through these opportunities!